After careful consideration and much prayer, we have decided to move forward with Phase 2 of our GroupLife reopening plan starting this Sunday, August 2. In this phase, we will offer a class for every life stage, including preschool, kids, youth and college. We want to reiterate that this is only another gradual step forward in the process. Class offerings will continue to be limited and certain procedures will remain in place.
Classes Meeting this Sunday
A complete listing of classes scheduled to meet this Sunday can be found HERE. Please be advised that some of these are a combination of classes, and many of these will meet in rooms different than normal. If you have any questions about your specific class, please contact your class leadership.
Use of Masks
Masks are required in our Children's Wing. They are recommended in all other areas where it is hard to maintain social distancing.
In addition to masks, we have implemented a few health procedures for our Children’s Wing and Sunday School. These procedures include:
- Pre-Registration Online – Please register your kids (6th grade and under) online by the Wednesday before. This will help to ensure appropriate staffing and spacing for each child. You can register you children by visiting HERE.
- Temperature Check – We will be conducting temperature checks for anyone entering the Children’s Wing.
- Check-In Kiosk – At the check-in kiosk, someone will be there to help assist you and limit the amount of contact on our touchscreens.
- No Rooted in Worship – At this time, we are only offering classes during our normal GroupLife hour. We will not have Rooted in Worship. Please do not forget to pick up your kids following the GroupLife hour.
- Reduced Capacity – Each of our classrooms has been rearranged to allow for reduced capacity and social distancing.
- No Sharing Supplies – We have prepared and designed activities that will eliminate the need for passing or sharing supplies.
- Increased Cleaning Measures – In addition to our normal cleaning services, we will clean commonly touched surfaces after each session.
As we journey on this difficult road together, please continue to pray for our staff and church leadership’s discernment in these decisions. Our hope is that even in these trying times, you would continually grow closer to Christ and fulfill His calling in your life.
First Baptist Bryan Staff
Last Updated August 13