Saturday, November 23, 2019, 1:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Bring your own picnic basket/cooler and enjoy an afternoon of fellowship, food and fun at Water’s Edge Encampment (Mikey’s camp) with other church families from 1:30 - 5:30pm. Please email the total number from your family to by Thursday midnight. This will help us be ready for your arrival.
Please note: From 10am til 5, the 38th Annual “Christmas in Crockett” will be taking place — downtown Crockett will not be passable, so we encourage you to take roads that bypass downtown Crockett on your way to Water’s Edge. (This is totally optional, but our family plans to fill up on Christmas spirit and yummies in Crockett before heading to WEE for the Fall Family Picnic.)
Here are a few things you may want to know about what we have planned for the picnic.
- Play at your pace — this picnic is going to be really chill (and probably chilly!). Everything is challenge by choice. We’ll have outdoor and indoor seating areas and activity areas to choose from.
- Be sure to dress appropriately keeping the cold weather in mind. Coats, hats, gloves, scarves are a good idea to have handy in the car if you end up needing them.
- We will eat our picnic meal together around 5pm, so be sure you’ve eaten lunch before your arrival. Every family will need to bring their own picnic basket/cooler of food and drink for their family.
- We will build s’mores around a bonfire to tide us over ’til dinner.
- The zip line, hay ride, Mario Kart bikes, horse shoes, giant & regular corn hole, volleyball, etc. will be available for families to enjoy. Families can earn credit for giveaways during dinner.
- The first 50 that arrive will get a Family Camp 2020 promo t-shirt (while sizes and supplies last). Everyone will get a Family Camp 2020 silicon wristband and/or keychain (while supplies last).
There will be lots of chill time and planned activities for families to enjoy the picnic at their speed. Families can earn merch or the 2019 Fall Family Picnic trophy by participating in certain activities (some Family Camp 2020 merch will also be available). Don’t forget sunscreen, lawn chairs (optional), gloves and hats, and lace-up shoes for activities.
This is a great event to invite unchurched friends or neighbors to meet some of your friends from your GroupLife class!
Pile in your cars and meet us after lunch no earlier than 1:30pm at Waters Edge Encampment, 7900 FM 1733, Crockett, TX US 75835.