Share is the ministry or mission portion of the model. It is our attempt to reach out to others in the name of Christ and meet their physical, emotional and spiritual needs. Jesus sought to share his life with others and to care for the needs of people everyday. And being a Christian involves being like Jesus.
We believe sharing involves:
- A person with a need (Mark 1:40)
- A compassionate heart (v. 41)
- A witnessing mouth (v.41)
- A willing hand (v.41)
- A met need (v.41)
At FBC we believe handing out food is good, but we also need to be handing out Jesus. Giving out food will not save the soul. The greatest need is the salvation of the soul through Jesus Christ. Through Christ we hope to be a church who will embrace our city and our world (Acts 1:8). We desire to be a church with her sleeves rolled up.
"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
Here are different opportunities our church focuses on sharing with our city and world:
- Missions (Local, National, and Global)
- Locally, members can share through community outreach projects like First Serve and Share the Gift.
- Nationally, our church family has partnered with church plants in different parts of the country.
- Globally, we have the opportunity to send several teams internationally to areas that desperately need the message of Christ.