Building up couples to raise the next generation of disciples who make Jesus their all and share Him with all.
Sunday am GroupLife. Sunday groups are a great place for adults to build faith and discipleship foundations. Groups connect adults who learn the Scriptures, love each other, and live on mission. Groups are arranged by adult life-stages including Parents of Preschoolers, Parents of Kids, Parents of Youth, Parents with College Students, and Empty Nesters, as well as a groups preferring multi-generational connections.
GroupLife in Homes. Groups meet in homes during the week with the same “DNA” as Sunday morning groups to learn the scriptures, love each other, and live on mission. Two new groups geared for young couples will begin in the homes of Mike Ballard (in Bryan) and Cary Todd (in College Station) during regular church programming for preschoolers - youth. Sept. 5 - Dec. 12, 6-8pm.
- Re|Engage. On Wednesdays during Spring semesters, from 6:00 - 8:00 pm, Re|Engage leads couples to invest in their marriages through weekly worship, encouragement and accountability in closed groups with other couples and a mentor couple. Each semester begins with “test-drive" weeks designed to give you a feel for Re|Engage before committing to the semester-long marriage investment.
- EPIC for Parents. On Wednesdays during Fall Semesters, EPIC for Parents encourages and equips parents in Christ through large group teaching, small group interaction with a mentor couple, and couple work at home. Cost $30/couple, or $20/single parent. The semester begins with a showing of the movie, Like Arrows on August 29th. EPIC sessions begin on Sept. 5 - Dec. 12, 6-8pm, Room 231.
- Midweek Studies. Short-term group studies meet during the Spring and Fall semesters to address a life stage issue, a life challenge, or an area of needed growth. Mid-Week classes are offered Wednesdays at 6pm, including options like evening MOPS, Divorce Care, Divorce Care for kids, finance and other studies that further one’s discipleship or leadership readiness.
- RightNow Media. As member of First Baptist Bryan, you have access to RightNow's full media library, which includes children's & family videos, as well as videos to strengthen marriage and parenting. Click HERE to request a free media access code to RightNow Media.
- Home Resources. Home resources are recommended or developed periodically to help you consistently employ practices at home that will lead your kids to put Jesus first with their hearts and lives. These resources are delivered through Young & Median adult GroupLife, family equipping experiences, Family Ministry Central in the church atrium, or your kids' participation in children’s and youth ministries.
- Parent Seminars. Our parent seminars have featured noted authors and family ministry practitioners through a variety of settings and venues. The I Can’t Believe You Just Said That! Parent Seminar in 2018 featured Ginger Hubbard, author of “Don’t Make Me Count to Three!” and “Reaching the Heart of Your Child.” A major parent-equipping event will be offered every Spring semester. In 2019, Ginger returns for ParentLab to present a seminar on managing emotions in parenting, followed by a one-hour session of coaching through real-world scenarios supplied by you! $20 includes seminar, meal and childcare through grade 6.
- Marriage Events. In addition to the Spring semester of Re|Engage, every fall will offer a significant marriage event providing opportunity for couples to give focused, concentrated attention on their marriage relationship. The main event in the Fall of 2018 will be the StraightTalk Marriage Event, October 19-20, featuring Friday night dinner, simulcast teaching from Paul David Tripp, and live worship & creative elements to encourage marriage growth. Two workshop weekends at the Cooper Retreat Center on Winning at Communication & Conflict, will pair up 10 FBC couples each weekend with facilitator couples from the Counseling Center at Houston’s First Baptist Church. Cost is $30/ couple which includes programming, food, materials & lodging.
- Date Nights. Parents are encouraged to participate in Date Night every other month with their spouse. Programming for Preschoolers and Children is offered at the church to provide parents a Date Night Out to invest time in their spouse or other couples.
- 5th Friday Family Fellowships. Every 5th Friday, families gather at the church for a night of fellowship with other families. This is a great way to build and deepen relationships with other church families and create memorable experiences with your own family.
- Family Dedication. Parents are encouraged to begin their parenting journey with each child by participating in the meaningful experience of family dedication. Couples walk through an overview of their role as primary spiritual leader of their children with the Families Pastor and are provided essential resources for building faith at home. The following Sunday our church publicly celebrates with, and prays over them. For information about the next dedication scheduled for August 19, 2018, contact email@example.com.