The Classics Ministry at First Baptist Bryan exists to provide members age 55 and above with opportunities for worship, bible study, service and fellowship.
First Baptist Bryan has chosen the name "Classics" when referring to our older generations for a very important reason. When an automobile is 50 years old and has been restored, it is called a classic. It is more valuable than when it was first built. Followers of Jesus who are 55 years of age and have been restored by "the blood of the Lamb" are classics in the same respect. Our value is far above anything we can think or even imagine because Jesus lives within each of us.
In Proverbs 16:31, Solomon writes, "Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained in the way of righteousness." Leviticus 19:32 says, "Stand up in the presence of the aged, show respect for the elderly and revere your God. I am the Lord."
We consider age to be a gift from our Creator. As a church, we acknowledge that many privileges and conveniences we enjoy today were made possible because of the leadership, service and sacrificial giving of those who are now Classics. First Baptist Bryan believes that our older generations have much to give and much to receive in helping our church meet the challenges facing followers of Jesus today.
Groups & Activities
- Brush Arbor - Join us on Sunday nights at 5 pm in Room 136 during the fall and spring for a good-ole gospel service full of your favorite hymns and an uplifting message from a guest speaker each week.
- Broadman Singers - The Broadman Singers rehearse on Wednesdays at 4 pm in the choir room.
- Women on Mission - Women on Mission is a Women’s Mission Study group that meets during the fall and spring on the 4th Tuesday of each month. Each session begins with a lunch at 11:30 am.
- Young At Heart - Young At Heart meets year-round in January, March, May, September and November the 2nd Tuesday. Each meeting starts with a lunch meal at 11:30 am, and a guest speaker at 12:10 pm. Luncheon meeting in Fellowship Hall with seasonal theme and guest speaker for all members of the church and is hosted by the Adult 55 Plus Council. All members are invited to attend.
- Keeping In Touch (KIT) - KIT is a twice a month table-game fellowship that meets year-round on the 1st and 3rd Fridays from 1:00 to 3:30 pm in the Fellowship Hall. We supply the tables; you bring the games and your favorite snack. Please come and “Keep In Touch”!